Great exercise that helps our wildlife! Our Winter Working Parties have returned. This is a chance to work with others in the woodland at Martineau Gardens, on a range of conservation tasks.
Conservation work includes:
- Coppicing trees and bushes
- Digging out roots
- Pruning hedges
- Clearing brambles, ivy etc
Stewart Holmes (Therapeutic Horticulturalist, Martineau Gardens) will be leading the sessions, Brian Perry will join him as the volunteer wildlife recorder. Read a report with more details and photos here:
The sessions run on the second Saturday each month 10.30am until 3.30pm, on the following dates:
2016: 12 November (cancelled due to wet weather), 10 December. 2017: 14 January, 11 February and 11 March.
1) If you can only do morning or afternoon—that’s fine
2) In the event of severe weather, work parties will be cancelled
3) If you want to join us, there’s no charge, but please book a place in advance at the Office or call us on 0121 440 7430. We will need your contact details in case the party gets cancelled.