Sunday 24 July 2022, 2pm (gates open 1pm) Martineau Gardens, 27 Priory Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B5 7UG.
Alice, a young, curious girl, follows a white rabbit down a rabbit hole and ends up in Wonderland! There, she begins on an adventure she will never forget. Come along and meet some of the strangest and most peculiar characters, including the mysterious Cheshire Cat, the Wacky Mad Hatter and the foul-tempered Queen of Hearts! Filled with live music and puppetry, it’s the perfect show for the whole family. Bring along your picnics, blankets, folding chairs and friends and family!
About the Event
This is an open-air event, so please come prepared for the weather! Picnics are welcomed, plus picnic rugs and blankets. Folding chairs welcomed and you’ll be located behind the picnic blankets.
The show will take place on our Tai Chi lawn, but you will have access to the Martineau Gardens Shipwreck Play area before and after the show.
Martineau Gardens will open at 1pm for ticket holders only, for picnics before the show. On the gate ticket sales (if available) will begin at 1pm. The show will start at 2pm and lasts one hour, no interval.
* Information correct at time of writing
£15 adult, £12 child, £48 Family (2 adults, 2 under 16’s).
Family plus 1 (2 adults and 3 under 16s, please purchase 1 x Family Ticket plus 1 child ticket = £60)
How to purchase:
Booking in advance recommended, to avoid disappointment.
- online: Book on-line with Folksy Theatre (booking opens 1 April, until 24 hours before the show, booking fee applies)
- In person from Martineau Gardens Monday to Friday 10am -4pm (cash and card sales, no booking fee) in advance until 4pm Friday 22 July. This is a paperless ticket event, the name of the person booking will be your reference. Tickets on sale now. Call 0121 440 7430 Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm.
- On the gate, subject to availability. Note, family tickets are only available in advance.
- Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable. The performance will take place whatever the weather (unless dangerous), if the performance is cancelled due to covid restrictions, tickets will be refunded.
Getting to the Event
Martineau Gardens is close to the MAC and opposite the Priory Hospital. There is a small car park on site at Martineau Gardens. Additional Parking opposite at Priory Hospital, by kind permission. Drive to the rear of the car park, to the area that adjoins the Elmhurst School of Dance (follow the signs) and allow yourself a few minutes extra to walk back to the Gardens. There is a pedestrian crossing at the bottom of Priory Road.
The Gardens are served by buses 1, 45, 47, 61 or 63 and there is a bike rack on site, located close to the Pavilion.
For full location details, click here.
Take a look at photographs from previous productions, here at Martineau Gardens.
Folksy Theatre will be visiting Martineau Gardens earlier in the month with their Shakespeare production.