Sat 12, 19 May and 9 June 2018 have now sold out.
Introductory one-day courses on the art of bee keeping.
- The difference between the three most common striped stinging insects
- What does it cost
- Beekeeping organisations, insurance
- Equipment- to buy or assemble your own
- Types of hive
- Siting hives
- The bee colony
- What bees make
- How to obtain bees
- Honey shows
- Tasting mead and honey beer
- Hands on – with live bees!
Taking place in the grounds of our beautiful community garden, Martineau Gardens, and led by volunteer Beekeepers. All 3 courses are sold-out.
The one-day courses run from 10am – 4pm, with a half-hour break for lunch, and cost £50. Advance booking is essential. You will need to bring a packed lunch but hot and cold drinks are provided. All protective clothing will be provided, but you will need to bring a pair of wellies.
To book your place
Advance booking and payment is essential. You can pay by card, cash or cheque. To pay by card, visit us in person or telephone on 0121 440 7430 Monday to Friday 10am until 4pm. Cheques (to the value of £50 and made payable to ‘Martineau Gardens’) can be posted to:
Bee-Keeping Course, Martineau Gardens, 27 Priory Road, Birmingham, B5 7UG with a covering letter stating your preferred date and your contact details.
100% Refunds will be given in the event that the course is cancelled due to insufficient numbers, tutor illness, or other reasons. If you cancel up to 7 days before the start of the course, we will give you a 50% refund of the course fee (£25). We do not accept liabiltiy for your travel costs if you have paid fares in advance.
0121 440 7430 or [email protected]
If you want to stay in touch with our plans, you can:
- Sign up to receive our News and Events email bulletins – we’ll email you once a month with News from the Gardens. Subscribe here:
- You can also follow us on Twitter (@martineau27) or like us on Facebook (Martineau Gardens).