Wed 7, Sat 10 and Thurs 15 June 2017
Cricket is taking place at Edgbaston Cricket Ground, close to Martineau Gardens in June (see dates listed above). You can park your car in the Martineau Gardens car park (subject to availability) for a £15 fee, we have space for 24 cars.
Thank you for choosing to park here.
- Your fee is helping to support a great cause and local charity.
- Martineau Gardens is a registered charity and a therapeutic community garden. We run education and therapeutic horticulture projects in the Gardens. The Gardens are here for the people of Birmingham to enjoy peace and tranquillity.
- To find out more about what happens here, visit this page
Your car is parked at your own risk. The gates will be locked or staffed, and staff will be on site throughout the match. If you wish to collect your car, before the end of the match, please phone 0121 440 7430 when you are outside the Gardens and we’ll unlock the gates.
At the end of play, the gates will be open for half an hour. Our staff will need to go home, so if you arrive later than this, you risk your car being locked in until 9.30am tomorrow morning, or an additional £15 charge.
Enjoy the cricket!
Visitors to the Gardens
If you’re planning to visit Martineau Gardens on Cricket Days (we’re closed to the public on Sunday), the car park will be full – we’d love you to come and visit but please leave the car at home, (or arrange to be dropped off) and use public transport. Martineau Gardens is well served by buses. The nearest bus routes are 1, 45, 47, 61, 63, X64. To plan your journey by public transport, visit www.traveline.info and use the postcode search – Martineau Gardens postcode is B5 7UG. The number 1 bus service will be diverted. Please check National Express’ temporary diversions before travelling. Alternatively, arrive by bike and bring your bike down to our bike rack, close to the Pavilion. When you arrive at Martineau Gardens, the gates will be locked, please phone the office on 0121 440 7430 and we will unlock the gates for you.
Further information (provided by Birmingham City Council):
There will be Road Closures in place on Edgbaston Road, between Pershore Road and Willows Road, before and after cricket games on the following match days:
- Wednesday 7 June: closed 11am to 2pm and for two hours after the end of the match (estimated 9pm to 11pm)
- Saturday 10 June and Thursday 15 June: closed 8am to 11am and for two hours after the end of the match (estimated 6pm to 8pm)
There will also be closures or parking restrictions on some residential roads. Pedestrian access will be maintained to all closed and restricted roads.